Today I would like to give you an update on the progress of my Portrait of my Eldest Son. You can find Part1 here.
It has been a few weeks since I was able to work on this project but I’m happy with the time I put aside as I was able to take a long look at what I did and correct the errors I found.
I noticed that I didn’t blend enough of the dark colours to bring out the shadows around his left eye and the bridge of his nose. I had to rework my grey colours to bring out the shadows and I also had to work on his lower nose to make the nostrils stand out.
As I was working on the right eye and cheek I noticed that I might have enlarged his eye more that what the origianl picture portays but the eye does have a lot of hair over-hanging, so I believe once I move onto his hair the eye will not seem so big for his face.
One thing that I have learned is not to sketch the line art with a led pencil as I have found it very difficult to blend out. Leaving the led outline in doesn’t quite give it that natural feel of realism that I wanted.
As for my time-lapsed recording, I think I will go with a series approach and upload them in stages; Part1 and so on.
Anyway have a great day and keep an eye out for my next post.