The area that I worked on today was the hair, but I did go over the eyes and nose to make them stand out a bit more by adding darker colours to the shadows. I then went and rubbed out the pencil lines that I used to sketch out the overall shape with the colours that I would use to blend out his lower face and lips.
The hair itself was a challenge as I had to work out how to bring the hair to life. I did this by adding several under colours such as grey, black and white before adding the main colour brown. The most difficult was the highlights of where the light reflected off the crown which gave parts of the hair a golden hue effect.
As much as it sounds that I had a hard time with the hair, I found it very enjoyable and easy to paint.
I hope you enjoyed my latest update and do keep an eye out for my next post where I will be working on the lower portion of my son’s face.